CANoe.Ethernet and VN8910 Device in Standalone Mode
The following article informs about the system requirements and restrictions with CANoe.Ethernet and VN8910.
- CANoe 8.0 with latest Service pack is necessary (>8.0 SP2)
- Last operating system with Ethernet driver on VN8910 (minimum Image Version 2.2.0_8.0SP2 or 3.2.0_8.0SP2)
- Current VN8910 driver version (>= v 8.1.20)
The following functions are available:
- CANoe configuration with one Ethernet channel in Standalone Mode (and additional bus systems)
In Standalone-Mode the following features could be used together with option IP:
- TCP/IP API in CAPL via CANoe Tcp/IP-Stack (that means each simulated node could use an own IP address and MAC-ID
- Ethernet-IL (Nodelayer-DLL) with Packet-API (to receive and send single Ethernet packages.
The remaining features of the option IP need an user interface and cannot be used in standalone mode.
The limitations are:
- The NetIsolator is not available.
- The built-in Ethernet interface is supported (no other interfaces as e.g. via USB connected etc.). In version 8.1 also the VN5610 is supported together with the VN8910.
- VLAN is partially supported.
- For standalone operation the Standalone-Extended license is needed.
- The CANoe network stack is not supported in standalone mode. Network nodes can be simulated with the node network stack.
- Logging of Ethernet packets is not supported in standalone mode.
- The Ethernet interactive Generator is not supported in standalone mode.