Using Multiple Interfaces with a VN8910(A)/VN8911/VN8912(A)/VN8914 in CANoe
The VN89xx runs as a distributed real-time system when being used with CANoe (see note below for CANoe 11.0 and VN8910(A)). As the simulation runs directly on the VN89xx base module, it does not see any other interfaces plugged into your PC. All bus interfaces like e.g. VN1630 must be connected to the VN89xx directly.
- Connect the VN89xx to your PC using the USB client connection (if not already done).
- Connect the additional interfaces to the VN89xx USB host ports (see below note regarding the requirement of active USB hubs).
- Start the Vector Hardware Config on your PC.
- The newly installed interface will appear in the Vector Hardware Config or Vector Platform Manager Version >= 2.2.54 below the VN89xx. Assign the application channels for CANoe/CANalyzer.
- If the additional device is not recognized at the VN89xx, install the latest drivers on the VN89xx. See this KnowledgeBase entry or details.
- Application channels can be assigned using the Vector Hardware Configuration or Vector Platform Manager Version >= 2.2.54 when the device is connected via USB. If the VN89xx is used via an Ethernet connection the Vector Platform Manager Version >= 2.2.54 must be used.
If you want to use a VN8910 (non-A) with a VN1630/VN1640, it is required to use an active (powered) USB hub. For other VN89xx devices check the technical details in the VN8900 interface family manual for the maximum number of USB and/or external powered devices.
Starting with CANoe 11.0 the VN8910 and VN8910A cannot be used as a distributed real-time system (RT mode) any more. It can be used as a regular bus interface using the CANoe device mode.
On VN8910 and VN8910A application channel assignment cannot be changed using the Vector Platform Manager.