Install Drivers on VN8910(A)/VN8911/VN8912(A)/VN8914 Using the Vector Platform Manager
All bus interfaces to be used (like e.g. VN1630) must be connected to the VN89xx.
- Connect the VN89xx to your PC using the USB or Ethernet connection.
- Plug-in the additional interface in one of the USB host ports of the VN89xx.
- Download the latest drivers from our download area and extract them.
- Install the latest drivers for your VN8900 and Vector Platform Manager on your PC.
- Start the Vector Platform Manager on your PC.
- Select your VN89xx device using the drop-down list in the device selection.
- Click Update… and select the directory where you saved the extracted driver package downloaded in step 3.
- Select the drivers for the connected additional devices (e.g. VN1610/VN1611/VN1630/VN1640).
- The update process can take up to 9 minutes and the VN89xx will be rebooted.
- After successful installation of the driver, connect the VN89xx to your PC using the USB connection (if not already done).
- The newly installed interface will appear in the Vector Hardware Config below the VN89xx. Assign the application channels for CANoe/CANalyzer.
Application channels can be assigned using the Vector Hardware Configuration or Vector Platform Manager Version >= 2.2.54 when the device is connected via USB. If the VN89xx is used via an Ethernet connection the Vector Platform Manager Version >= 2.2.54 must be used.
If you want to use a VN8910 (non-A) with a VN1630/VN1640, it is required to use an active (powered) USB hub. For other VN89xx devices check the technical details in the VN8900 interface family manual for the maximum number of USB and/or external powered devices.
Starting with CANoe 11.0 the VN8910 and VN8910A cannot be used as a distributed real-time system (RT mode) any more. It can be used as a regular bus interface using the CANoe interface mode.
On VN8910 and VN8910A application channel assignment cannot be changed using the Vector Platform Manager.