Install Drivers on VN8910(A)/VN8911/VN8912(A)/VN8914 Using the Vector Platform Manager
All bus interfaces to be used (like e.g. VN1630) must be connected to the VN89xx.
- Connect the VN89xx to your PC using the USB or Ethernet connection.
- Plug-in the additional interface in one of the USB host ports of the VN89xx.
- Download the latest drivers from our download area and extract them.
- Install the latest drivers for your VN8900 and Vector Platform Manager on your PC.
- Start the Vector Platform Manager on your PC.
- Select your VN89xx device using the drop-down list in the device selection.
- Click Update… and select the directory where you saved the extracted driver package downloaded in step 3.
- Select the drivers for the connected additional devices (e.g. VN1610/VN1611/VN1630/VN1640).
- The update process can take up to 9 minutes and the VN89xx will be rebooted.
- After successful installation of the driver, connect the VN89xx to your PC using the USB connection (if not already done).
- The newly installed interface will appear in the Vector Hardware Config below the VN89xx. Assign the application channels for CANoe/CANalyzer.
Application channels can be assigned using the Vector Hardware Configuration or Vector Platform Manager Version >= 2.2.54 when the device is connected via USB. If the VN89xx is used via an Ethernet connection the Vector Platform Manager Version >= 2.2.54 must be used.
If you want to use a VN8910 (non-A) with a VN1630/VN1640, it is required to use an active (powered) USB hub. For other VN89xx devices check the technical details in the VN8900 interface family manual for the maximum number of USB and/or external powered devices.
Starting with CANoe 11.0 the VN8910 and VN8910A cannot be used as a distributed real-time system (RT mode) any more. It can be used as a regular bus interface using the CANoe interface mode.
On VN8910 and VN8910A application channel assignment cannot be changed using the Vector Platform Manager.
Please complete all required fields. Fields marked with * are required.