Reporting a CANape Crash to Vector Support
What is the best way to report a CANape crash to Vector?
- Please perform an update to the latest service pack to eliminate any errors that have already been fixed. Service packs can be downloaded from the Vector website: https://www.vector.com/servicepacks_canape
- If the error is still present:
- Please describe what steps you have done before the crash occurred and send this info as reply to the support ticket which was created before or by mail to Vector Support: email@example.com.
- Can you load a demo project (e. g. XCPSim Demo Example)?
- Did the crash appear with a particular configuration?
- Please send us the affected configuration files1).
- Please send us a screenshot of the error message1).
- Please also send us a complete SupportInfo.zip file1). You can create this as follows:
- Provoke the error. The Vector Support Assistant should start automatically.
- Otherwise start the Support-Assistant under Windows Start | All Programs | Vector Support Assistant | Support Assistant.
- Click Save Report or Send as E-Mail1).
1) If the required files cannot be sent via mail attachment for any reason, you can upload the files to the Vector Customer Portal. Please inform Vector Support and we will create a secure upload folder for you.