Converting MDF Files Using the ASCII Export Converter
The ASCII Export Converter of CANape can be used
- to convert the complete MDF or MF4 file into a text file or
- to export only selected signals to a text file
Please find below the instructions of how to do this:
- Converting a complete MDF or MF4 file into a text file:
- Exporting selected signals from a MDF file into a text file
- To export only selected signals, you have to load the MDF file first: In the Symbol Explorer right click on Measurements. Then select Load measurement file and choose the desired MDF file.
- Now insert all signals that shall be exported into a graphics window:
- Right click in the graphics window and select Signal values | Save….
- In the following dialog select All signals in the window. You may adjust the timestamps or choose a time range according to your needs. .
- Finally choose ASCII file (*.TXT) as file format, enter a file name and Save.