What to Do when My New Vector License Is Not Recognized
Why is my New Vector License not recognized?
There are several possibilities. The majority of reasons can be removed by checking the following three options and updating, in case your version is not the latest.
- Did you install the latest driver version? You can check your driver version in the Vector Hardware Config under Control Panel | Vector Hardware | Help | About. Here you will find the latest driver version: https://www.vector.com/latest_driver/. In the download preview the Vector Hardware Config version is listed.
- Did you install the latest service pack for your software version? You can check the service pack of your software version under File | Help | Info. Here you will find the latest software service packs: https://www.vector.com/servicepacks/
- Did you install the latest version of the Vector License Client? You can check the version of your Vector License Client under: About (the green [i] in the top left)
Here you will find the latest Vector License Client version: https://www.vector.com/vlc/ The installer is named with the version:
If you have successfully checked these three steps and the license is still not recognized, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Vector License ID of the software
- Serial Number of the hardware
- Screenshot of the error message