Can I Freeze Options that I Do Not Use any More?
Can I freeze options that I do not use any more and not update these with the core version?
Yes. New Vector Licenses for options are modular so that you can update the option that you need with the new core version (in the new project). You can of course still use the options with the current/previous tool version.
Current software state:
- CANoe 11.0 with options .Ethernet and .LIN
- CANoe 12.0 with option .Ethernet
- Customer receives 2 license updates, one for CANoe (core) and one for the option (.Ethernet)
- Option .Ethernet is usable with CANoe 11.0 and 12.0
- Option .LIN is usable with CANoe11.0
- Option .LIN can be upgraded to version 12.0 later if desired