What to Do if My Vector Keyman Does Not Appear in Vector License Client
What can I do the if Vector Keyman is not shown in the Vector License Client as License Carrier so that I cannot activate a New Vector License on it?
Check the serial number:
- If the serial number is < 3-344000, the Vector Keyman is not supported as License Carrier by the NVLM (see Note 1). Please contact Vector sales or activate your license on another device.
- If the serial number is ≥ 3-344000, first check these 3 items. If the Vector Keyman is still not recognized, please update the firmware of the Vector Keyman as described below in Note 2.
Migration of Legacy Licenses from a Vector Keyman with serial number < 3-344000 to a New Vector License on another device is possible. Please ensure to have an up-to-date Vector License Client version before that.
How to update the firmware of a Vector Keyman offline.
- Download this VectorKeymanFirmwareUpdate4_05.zip file with the firmware update and extract the file CmDongleFirmwareUpdate4_05.wbb.
- Connect the Vector Keyman to the computer
- Open a command prompt (Windows | cmd) and go to the tool cmu in the directory
- Execute cmu using the command cmu.exe and the following parameters
- /s specifies the serial number of the Vector Keyman (if you do not specify a serial number, if technically possible, all connected Vector Keymen are updated)
- /d starts the firmware update of the Vector Keyman
- /f specifies the file used for the firmware update. Enter with the path to which you saved the CmDongleFirmwareUpdate4_05.wbb
Example all in one line:
C:\> "Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin\cmu32.exe" /s 3-4012452 /d /f D:\TEMP\CmDongleFirmwareUpdate4_05.wbb