Backward Compatibility for 64-bit Version (CANape)
CANape is delivered as a 64-bit application starting with version 17. What compatibility points must be considered when updating from the previous 32-bit versions?
When updating to the 64-bit version of CANape, please consider the following points:
- The 64-bit version of CANape cannot be run on 32-bit operating systems.
- The ETAS BOA interface offers no support for 64-bit, thus the "ETAS Hardware" entry will not be displayed in the device configuration.
- The INCA COM DLL does not work with 64-bit applications.
- User-defined 32-bit checksum DLLs are not supported.
- CDD files with embedded 32-bit DLLs are not supported.
- The following user-defined DLLs have to be recompiled as 64-bit DLLs:
- Function DLLs and MATLAB/Simulink DLLs used for Bypassing
- Function DLLs used in CASL scripts
- DLLs for DAIO-system devices
- Transport-layer DLLs of XCP devices
- Condalo Logger files (CCO3) are not supported.
- The Vector USB Dongle (blue dongle) is not supported.
- Registry entries for 64-bit will not work with the 32-bit version of the API. The client is integrated statically: For the 64-bit version, a client of version 17.0 is required/an update of the client is required.
- MOST networks do not work.
- XCPonSXI is not supported.
- It is not possible to create devices using the CANopen driver.
In case you still need a 32-bit version of CANape, please contact Vector Support.
Please complete all required fields. Fields marked with * are required.