Creating Diagnostic Log Files for CANoe/CANalyzer
In order to analyze issues with CANoe/CANalyzer’s diagnostic features the Vector Support Team might request you to create log files. In this case use the following instructions to create these log files (in the following sections CANoe can be replaced by CANalyzer if you have CANalyzer):
- close all open CANoe processes
- open the CANoe online help via: Windows start menu | All programs | Vector CANoe xx.0 | Tools (English) for CANoe
- open the CAN.ini file by clicking the corresponding link on the Vector Tool Launch help page
- close the CANoe online help
- search for the section [Diagnostics] in the CAN.ini
- if there is no section [Diagnostics] in the CAN.ini yet, add the following part at the end of the CAN.ini file:
; Set the location of the log file for Anlyz
; the RT path must be valid also on the VN891x
; Detailed logging configuration is available to RT only at the moment!
; Logging level, default 2 (Info)
- check, if the path D:\ is available and if you have write access to that folder, or choose an alternative path
- if you are using a VN89xx Interface, set the path of the DTLLogFileRT to DTLLogFileRT=C:\CANrtk\Exec32\SynchronizedFiles\UserFiles\DTLRTLog.txt. After the measurement was stopped, the DTL logfile is available in the User Files -folder and can be copied via Vector Tool Platform, Vector Platform Manager or Standalone Manager.
- if the section [Diagnostics] already exists in the CAN.ini, add/adapt the parameters and/or activate the corresponding lines
- save and close the CAN.ini file
Now you can start the measurement and reproduce the error case. When the issue has been reproduced, stop the measurement and close CANoe, so that the DTL logfiles are fully written to disk.
After the test, delete the section [Diagnostics] from the CAN.ini file, or comment out the corresponding lines again (the line has to start with a semicolon).