Reporting a vMDM Crash to Vector Support
What is the best way to report a vMDM crash to Vector?
- Please perform an update of the Vector tool in which you use vMDM (CANape, vSignalyzer, vMeasure) to the latest service pack to eliminate any errors that have already been fixed. Service packs can be downloaded from the Vector website: https://www.vector.com/servicepacks:
- If the error is still present:
- Please describe what steps you have done before the crash or error occurs and sent this info as reply to the support ticket which has been created before or by mail to Vector Support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Did these problems appear with a particular configuration or with particular measurement files?
- Please attach the affected configuration and measurement files1).
- Please attach a screenshot of the error message1).
- If the error is reproducible, please increase the vMDM log level in the Windows registry:
- In the Windows Start Menu search field, type regedit and press Enter
- In the registry Editor navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vector\vMDM\Logging
- Change the value of the key Application from Warning to Debug
- Stop vMDM by right clicking on the vMDM icon in the Windows toolbar and select Exit.
- Start your Vector tool and reproduce the error
- Create and send a ZIP file with the newest vMDM log files1):
- Open the Windows Explorer at %localappdata%\Vector\vMDM\log
- Add the latest log files to a ZIP file:
- Add the log.txt file of the tool you are using to the ZIP file as well:
1) If the required files cannot be sent via mail attachment for any reason, you can upload the files to the Vector Customer Portal. Please inform Vector Support and we will create a secure upload folder for you.