CANdela Diagnostic Converters (Persistors)
- The file format of a newer CANdelaStudio version typically contains new diagnostic features (which Vector implements on customer request).
- In a newer CANdelaStudio version, you can “Save As” to the file format of an older CANdelaStudio version. E.g. in CANdelaStudio 8.0, you can “Save As” to the CDD file format of CANdelaStudio 5.0.
- As a default, other Vector diagnostic tools can open CANdela files in the format supported at the time of delivery, and older formats. E.g. CANoe 8.1 (without newer converters installed) can open CANdela files of CANdelaStudio 7.5.
- But with a newer converter Add-on (also called “Persistors”), older CANdelaStudio versions and other Vector diagnostic tools can open even CANdela files saved with newer CANdelaStudio versions. It’s just the converter that must be new enough to support the new CANdela file format.
- The converter is used by CANoe, CANalyzer, CANape, Indigo, CANdelaStudio, GENy (as part of CANdesc), vFlash, Canoe.DiVa, Test Automation Editor.
- Vector diagnostic tools are delivered with the latest converter available at the time of delivery.
- In the Vector diagnostic tools based on an older file format, the converter cannot make the new diagnostic features of the new file format available. It just provides a way to open the file and use the existing features of the program at hand. This is sufficient in most cases. If you need the new features, please purchase an upgrade of the Vector diagnostic tool.
Converter Installation Locations:
Up until 2012, each program installed had their own persistors installed locally in a subdirectory of the main program. This location usually was
But with the variety of Vector tools using diagnostic capabilities, this resulted in a large amount of local installations, making inefficient use of disk space and sometimes in resulting of not all persistors being updated by the persistors’ setup program.
Starting in the 2nd half of 2012, new versions of Vector tools make use of one centralized persistors installation location which is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Vector CANdelaPersistors\Bin.
Since the 2nd half of 2013, the centralized persistors installation folder additionally contains a "Vector" subdirectory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Vector\CANdelaPersistors\Bin
Cannot open CANdela file even with Converters:
If the Vector diagnostic tool still cannot open a CANdela file of a different version, even after you installed the newest converter available, please try to copy the subdirectories of the above installation directory (see picture) to your respective …Persistors directory. This workaround should solve most issues. But be aware that you have to perform a complete installation first as these directories alone do not contain all persistors’ components. Some of the components are installed in the Windows directory.
Cannot open CANdela file in Vector GENy (MICROSAR)
If Vector GENy is still not able to open a CANdela file and raises the error message […] CDD is too new or too old […] you need to copy the .\Bin directory of the above mentioned installation directory into <SIP-PATH>\Generators\Components. Finally you have to rename the .\Bin directory to .\Persistors in <SIP-PATH>\Generators\Components to make sure GENy is able to properly find and load the latest persistors.
Please complete all required fields. Fields marked with * are required.