Optimization of CANoe/CANalyzer Performance
- CANoe/CANalyzer is in overload mode
- Messages can be lost
- rx queue overrun
- CANoe/CANalyzer windows will be deactivated
If one or more of the above mentioned symptoms occur, please follow this instruction:
1. Optimize performance: File | Help | Optimization. See messages in write window.
In older CANoe/CANalyzer versions see Configuration | Options | Measurement | Performance | Optimize Performance
2. Switch off data history File| Options | Measurement | Data history short.
In older CANoe/CANalyzer versions see Configuration | Options | Measurement | Data history: None with short data history
3. Deactivate unused windows in View | Measurement Setup:
4. If a bus system is simulated, but the data is not needed for the analysis, a filter can be used. All Measurement Setup features are not available any more. See: Configuration | Options | Measurement | Performance | Throughput
5. When working with many different channels, the queue size between RT and Display Part is often too small. Therefore, the EventQueueSize and EventSorterLimit in CAN.ini have to be enlarged.
The CAN.ini could be found in Start | Program Files | Vector CANoe or Vector CANalyzer | CAN.ini
A PC with high performance is needed!
E. g. PC mit Xenon processor, 24x CAN, 26x LIN, 2x FlexRay
Enlarge EventQueueSize from 55000 to 200000
Enlarge EventSorterLimit from 49000 to 100000