CANoe.Ethernet and VN891X Devices in Standalone Mode
The following article informs about the system requirements and restrictions with CANoe.Ethernet and VN891X devices.
- CANoe 8.0 with latest service pack is necessary (>8.0 SP2) for VN8910(A) devices
- CANoe minimum version depends on VN891X device
- Last operating system with Ethernet driver on VN891X devices
- Current VN891X device driver version
The following functions are available:
- CANoe configuration of one Ethernet channel in Standalone Mode with built-in Ethernet interface (additional to other bus systems, for more Ethernet channels use VN56xx products)
In Standalone-Mode the following features could be used together with option IP:
- TCP/IP API in CAPL via CANoe TCP/IP-Stack (that means each simulated node could use an own IP address and MAC-ID).
- Ethernet-IL (Nodelayer-DLL) with Packet-API (to receive and send single Ethernet packages).
The remaining features of the option IP need a user interface and cannot be used in standalone mode.
The limitations are:
- The NetIsolator is not available for the built-in Ethernet interface.
- The built-in Ethernet interface is supported but no other interfaces as e.g. via USB connected etc. (from CANoe version 8.1 also VN5610 is supported together with VN8910).
- VLAN is partially supported with the built-in Ethernet interface (for full VLAN support use VN56xx interface).
- For standalone operation the Standalone-Extended license is needed.