Merging two Databases with CANdb++
Merging DBC databases is not possible with CANdb++ Editor. You need for that:
- a CANdb++ ADMIN.J1939 license that is also adapted for non J1939 Network
- the Vector Network Designer
Following the description how to merge two DBC databases into one with CANdb++ ADMIN.J1939:
Open the first database via File | Open Database...
- Import second database via File | Import Database....
- After selecting a database, a new window appears where you can select what to import.
- If there are any violations or ambiguous signals/names, another window will pop up.
- Now the second database was merged with the first one and can be saved as a new one via File | Save as....