Creating a GPS Device
- Open the Device Configuration, and create the new GPS device with Device | New…
- Enter a name for the device.
- Choose "GPS" for driver type. To finish press [OK].
- To determine which COM port the GPS receiver currently occupies, go to Computer Management and select Device Manager | Ports (COM and LPT).
- Set the COM port that you determined. For a USB connection, the baud rate should be set to 4800 baud.
- Make sure that the "Fix" status is reached and the coordinates are determined. The "Fix" status must be displayed before measurements can be taken.
- To close the GPS driver dialog please click [OK].
Your GPS receiver is now completely configured for CANape and ready for use.