Setup of a J1939 Parameter Group (PG)
- In CANdb++ editor create a new message.
- Select “J1939 PG (ext. ID)” from the ID type dropdown list box.
- Enter the parameter group number (PGN), for example 0x1234.
- To enter the details for this PG, click on the “...” button, where you can enter further elements of the PG: priority, destination address (if your PGN is less than 0xF000).
- Select “* (Null Address)” for the sender’s address.
- This enables CANoe/CANalyzer to interpret this message in trace or data windows regardless of the actual sender’s address.
If you don’t need this interpretation because your message is always sent from one sender, then just drag and drop the PG on the network node in the list view.
The sender’s address will be set to the node ID after a confirmation question.
Please complete all required fields. Fields marked with * are required.