Birds Eye View – No ChartControl Available for Assigning
When you edit the Application properties of the Application Host Control in Visual Studio 2010 and you want to assign the ChartControl to Birds Eye Views corresponding property, the list of available chart controls may be empty.
Steps to reproduce:
- Use Visual Studio 2010 with vADASdeveloper
- Open Main Form
- Select Application Host Control
- In the Properties Windows expand Application Property
- Expand the BirdsEyeView Property
- Assign a ChartControl instance to ChartControl property by selecting it from the list
A workaround is available in manually assigning the property in the designer generated code as follows:
- Open the designer generated code of your form e.g. MainForm.Designer.cs
- Locate the corresponding lines for the ApplicationHostControl. They typically begin with these lines
this.applicationHost1.ApplicationFile = "Application.adl";
- Add the following line immediately after the line that assigns the ApplicationFile property.
["ChartControl"] = chartControl1;
Ensure that the identifier “birdseye” matches the identifier used in the ADL file. For that, open the ADL File by right clicking on it in the solution designer and then clicking on “View Code”. Find the line similar to this
AssemblyQualifiedName="VS2010Test.BirdsEye, VS2010Test"> in the ADL File and change the identifier if needed.