Connection Designer – Cannot Find Resource Error from XAML
When simultaneously working with Forms and CML Components in Visual Studio 2010, opening the Application.adl file with the connection designer could lead to the following error message which is displayed in the Error List window of Visual Studio.
Steps to reproduce:
- Use Visual Studio 2010 with vADASdeveloper
- Open ADL File, close it
- Open Form e.g. MainForm
- Open a CML component e.g. MDF Player
- Open ADL
The component 'Baselabs.Design.UI.ConnectionDesigner.Views.ConnectionDesignerHost' does not have a resource identified by the URI '/Baselabs.Design.UI; component/connectiondesigner/views/connectiondesignerhost.xaml'.
The following workaround is available:
- Close all open files in Visual Studio 2010
- Close your Visual Studio instance
- Open Visual Studio 2010
- Open the Visual Studio Solution
- Open the Application.adl File
- The connection designer displays the ADL File without any errors