Merging of Two Variants of a CDD into at Third One
To merge two variants (for instance Development and Development2) of a CDD into a third one (for instance NewName), please proceed like following:
- Select the following option to allow copying of Diagnostics Instances
- Start the Variant-Wizard:
- Use copy as action to create the new variant, NewName, that is a copy of the Development variant to be merged
- Initialize the Compare tool with the other Development2 variant to merge, using the right Mouse Button:
- Select the new created NewName variant to compare it to the previous one:
- Transfer the difference found into the NewName variant:
Diagnostics Instances of NewName variant are not referenced as you can see in the Icons:
- Let Identical Diagnostics Instance of the NewName variant be referenced:
The Diagnostics Instances are now referenced as you can see in the Icons:
8. The NewName variant is a Merge of Development and Development2 variants.
Please complete all required fields. Fields marked with * are required.