VT6000 with CANoe 8.0 – 8.5 Unable to Load CDD
Follow these steps to update the VT6000 and CANoe in order to load the CDD file:
- Download the most recent Standalone Manager from the Vector Download Center (do not use the older one delivered with your CANoe version):
Select VN8900 (in spite it is for VT6000) and AddOns/Freeware:
- Install the Standalone Manager.
- Download the CANoe 9.0 demo environment (*.rtenv file ) from here:
- Close all CANoe instances and start the newer Standalone Manager. Select your VT6000 device which has to be connected via Ethernet:
- Select the Execution environment tab. Click update and select the file downloaded previously (*.rtenv file):
After successfully installation of this file, power off your VT6000 device.
- Switch on your VT6000 device.
- Install the persistors on your PC. You can download them from here:
Select the Converters for CANdelaStudio Diagnostic Descriptions…. and proceed with the continue:
- Start and connect CANoe, go to to Options -> Extensions -> CANoe RT and click on Edit and Update CANoe software. Now your CANoe 8.x is restored to the VT6000.
After that your CDD(s) should be loaded successfully.
The most recent persistors (CANdela Diagnostic Converters) include the Visual Studio 2013 C++ runtime which is not included on the VT6000 images. By applying the above procedure this runtime is installed on the device.
If you have CANoe 8.5, a simple update to SP5 on the computer first and then and on the VT6000 is sufficient (see step 8).
Please complete all required fields. Fields marked with * are required.