Copy Paste Parameter Tree
In the Parameter Tree, is there a way to copy and paste data from one parameter to another?
Yes, a versatile copy and paste feature is implemented. You can copy values you have entered in a single parameter or a more complex one, such as an array of structures (records), and paste the values to any parameter that is the right type to receive the data. Colored highlighting guides you in finding parameters of the right data type to accept the pasted values.
The following example uses the C Tutorial environment from Example Environments.
- Assume you have an environment open and a test case open in the Test Case Editor. You have entered expected data for Order. Rather than entering data by hand for each of the other elements in the array, you want to use copy and paste.
- Right-Click the parameter whose data you want to copy, and choose Copy. The data entered into the Input and Expected Values columns is held in VectorCAST's "clipboard."
- The parameter copied from is highlighted in green.
- Any parameter that is the right data type to receive the paste is highlighted in blue. To paste, right-click on a blue parameter and choose Paste.
- Besides copying both Input and Expected values of a parameter, you can copy just the Input value(s) or just the Expected value(s).
- Regardless of whether you copied Inputs or Expecteds, you can paste to either column, as long as the parameter is the right type to receive the paste. Just right-click specifically where you want to paste, and choose Paste.