Vector Ethernet Interface Advantages Over a Normal Ethernet Network Card
What are the advantages of the Vector Ethernet Interface over a normal Ethernet network card?
- Bypassing functionality (monitor/alter communication between two Ethernet nodes)
- High precision timing resolution for timestamps
- Two CAN Highspeed channels with CAN FD Support
- AFDX support
- Support of XL Driver-Library (CAN and Ethernet)
- Correctly synchronized timestamps between CAN messages and Ethernet frames
- Possibility to filter Ethernet/CAN frames directly on the Vector Ethernet Interface hardware
- Possibility to synchronize with other Vector devices
- Not visible as normal network interface in windows and therefore no issues with network firewalls or other applications that might interrupt/disturb the measurement
- Erroneous/faulty frames can be detected in CANoe/CANalyzer (compared to filtering of these frames which happens with normal network devices)
- In case of Tx/Rx overflow during Measurement, an error will be displayed in the trace if a Vector Ethernet Interface is used. If a normal Ethernet network card is used, the overflow will not be signalized and shall be determine with a laborious frame analysis. This considerably increases the reliability of a measurement made with Vector Ethernet Interface of the VN5600 Family.
Article ID: 906
Last updated: 2020-05-04
Hardware -> VN5000 Family -> Vector Ethernet Interface Advantages Over a Normal Ethernet Network Card